See the full tutorial.
- Fabric (scraps work great)
- 7 inch zipper
- Sewing supplies, such as scissors and thread
The notebook paper frames are hand painted, but sooo easy! I made two versions one frame with college rule paper for the older kids and one frame with the “learn to write” paper for little kids (see picture on left).
They are perfect for your first day of school pictures and I love that they can preserve your little person’s adorable handwriting.
Wood Frames ($1 each)
White Craft Paint
Red Fine Tip Paint Pen
Blue Fine Tip Paint Pen
Mod Podge or Clear Spray Paint
*all available at Michael’s*
1. Paint the frame white. I used three coats. Let dry.
2. Using your ruler make marks on each side of the frame where you want the lines to go. I spaced my lines one centimeter for both versions, you just alter the colors of the lines for the learn to write paper.
3. Using your ruler add the red lines with your paint pen. One line going down vertically about an inch from the left side for the college ruled or every 3rd pencil mark for the learn to write. Let dry.
4. Using your ruler add the blue lines with your paint pen. For the college ruled on each pencil mark. For the learn to write, one under each red line. After the blue lines are dry, go back and add the blue dashed lines after your blue lines are dry.
5. To personalize, have your child add their name with a pencil or add the teacher’s name and use for a gift.
6. Cover with protective clear coat.
Not bad for buying all the supplies (most of which you may have on hand) for about $10 right?
Last, but not least, here is how I put it all together. I still can’t believe my little guy is starting Kindergarten. Tear.
Disclosure: I was provided a Michael’s gift card to pick up supplies for this challenge.