- Pumpkin shaped silicone ice tray
- Orange colored vanilla candy melts
- Kraft Caramels
- (about a half a package of both the candy and the caramels per ice tray you want to fill)
Ingredients look familiar? They were left over from my pumpkin look-a-like caramel apple recipe.
1. Melt your caramel according to package instructions. You will want to do this a little ahead of time so it has time to harden somewhat again. I melted mine to make caramel apples and it sat while they set before I made these. You want it to look like the picture below where it is not hard, but not runny.
2. Melt candy melts according to package instructions. Spoon coating in to each pumpkin until about 1/3 full. This is messy work. You could be really professional about it and pour the coating into a ziploc and squeeze perfectly into each pumpkin.
3. Get a little spoon of caramel and roll in to a ball. It should be about a half inch around. Place one in the center of each pumpkin.
4. Cover the caramel with the remaining candy coating. Place in fridge for 15 minutes to set the pumpkins.
5. Carefully pop each pumpkin out of the tray. Trim off the edges of the candy coating with a knife if needed.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.