We made caramel apples the other night and with the leftover ingredients made these fun chocolate bones. They are super easy and the perfect last minute spooky Halloween treat for a get together or class party.
Chocolate Bones Supplies:
- White Candy Melts
- Silicone Bone Ice Cube Mold*
*ours was from Dollar Tree and had fingers and bones
1. Melt a caramel for each bone in the microwave with a few drops of water for 30 seconds at a time. Stir until smooth. Put the caramel in the refrigerator to harden for 15-20 minutes or until you can pick up a little and roll it in your hand without it sticking too much. You can spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
2. While the caramel is in the fridge, melt about 1/8 cup of candy melts in the microwave according to package instructions. Using a spoon put a little dob of chocolate candy in the bottom of each bone. Tap the mold on the counter until it spreads edge to edge. Let the candy set up a few minutes so the caramel won't sink to the bottom.
3. Roll about a teaspoon of the caramel into a cylinder shape and place in the middle of the bone not touching any sides. Repeat for each bone.
4. Melt more candy melts to spread on the top of the caramel covering it completely. Let the candy set up until it is hard. Pop the bones out of the mold and enjoy!
Our ice cube trays had fingers as well as bones. We made fingers the same way by mixing a few pink candy melts in with the white. The boys loved the gross/spooky Halloween treats!
You may also like these fun Halloween treats: