Hi there A Little Tipsy friends!!! My name is Kristyn, and I blog over at Lil’ Luna!! I’m so excited to be here today while Michelle enjoys her sweet bundle of joy!! I think it’s just SO exciting when babies are born and I hope Michelle is enjoying this little break from blogging to spend it with her new little one!!
Today, I wanted to share with you a new favorite cookie recipe. We’re HUGE cookie fans here in our home and make them at least every other week. Sometimes it’s just for fun and other times for friends or for a get-together, but it’s become tradition for the kids to gather around the kitchen island to help make these sweet treats, and I LOVE it!! We usually stick to our all-time FAVORITE Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe but we ventured out a tried a new recipe that was a hit with the whole fam! These Giant M&M Cookies were easy to make and so delicious. I mean, how can you not like M&M Cookies?
These Giant M&M Cookies were soft, chewy and have become a new favorite!!
Here is what you’ll need to make them:
– 2 heaping cups flour
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
– 2 tsp. vanilla
– 1 cup mini M&Ms
– 1 cup regular M&Ms
1. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix butter and sugars until well combined. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to the we mixture and mix until dough forms. Use hands if needed.
4. Crush 1 cup of regular M&Ms. Fold in crushed and non-crushed M&Ms to your dough.
5. Decide how big you would like your cookies. I wanted giant cookies, so I used a large ice cream scoop. With your hand, shape each portion into a ball and then pull into two equal pieces. Turn one piece rough side (what used to be the inside of the ball) down onto the cookie sheet. Put the other piece on top of that, rough side up. Space 1-2 inches apart, depending on how big your cookie is.
6. Bake large cookies for 12-14 minutes and small cookies for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden. Centers should be soft and puffy. Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is.
Seriously, how could you NOT want to devour these big beauties??
Mmmmmm – they were so good!
For more great cookie recipes on my site be sure to check out:
And with Halloween just around the corner, be sure to head to the blog for these festive treats!
Thanks for having me here today, Michelle!
Head on over to Lil’ Luna for recipes as well as great craft and home decor tutorials, printables and tips!