You won’t believe how easy it is to take your file cabinet from blah to aah!
SUPER EASY FILE
- Metal file cabinet
- White Spray Paint
- Wrapping Paper
- Poster Tape
- Xacto Knife
1. Wipe down the cabinet and make sure it is free from dust.
2. Spray paint the cabinet using lots of thin coats spraying off the edge as you go back and forth. I used a paint and primer in one so it would get a great finish fast. Let the paint dry.
3. Pull the drawers out and lay them with the drawer front up.
4. Cut a piece of wrapping paper a few inches larger than the face of your cabinet drawer.
5. Tape around the edges of your handle. Tape around the edge of the front of the drawer and on all the lips around the edge to wrap the paper around.
6. Carefully, from the middle to the edges, lay your paper on flat on the face of the drawer and wrap it around each edge folding down corners to make them flat like you would a present.
7. Trim the excess paper from the edges.
8. With your fingers lightly feel for the edges of the handle. Score the edges with a fingernail so you know where to cut then follow with an Xacto.
9. Put the drawers back in place.
10. Move the cabinet in and let your files ride in style!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.