Here’s a fun Halloween treat for you chocolate, marshmallow and peanut butter fans out there. This mummy recipe comes with a chewy crunch that will delight the taste buds and the eyes.
Nummy Mummy Recipe
- 7 cups Reese’s Puffs Cereal (I like it really gooey, use 8 cups if you like more cereal)
- 2 bags marshmallows (1 bag to melt, 1 bag for mummy strips)
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
2. Melt 1 bag marshmallows, chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan on medium low, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over cereal and stir until well coated.
4. Press mixture into pan with buttered spoon or cooking spray coated hands.
5. Cut out circles using a glass or measuring cup. I used a 1 cup and they were huge.
7. Cover your cereal circle with strips until it looks like a mummy. (I used about 5 large marshmallows to cover one big treat.) Leave a slit for two Reese’s Puffs for eyes.
I guess that about wraps it up. ha ha ha.
MMmmm Nummy Mummy!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.