I really wanted to do something with conversation hearts, but was way to lazy to actually go out and buy anything so I made this Candy Heart Love Banner using only what I already had. It was really simple and did not take me long at all. It is a fun craft for the kids to help with too.
- 12×12 sheet of card stock or thick paper
- Conversation hearts
- Hot glue gun & hot glue sticks
- Ribbon (optional)
1. Cut for triangles out of the paper. I tried to make mine fit really close when cutting them out so I could use the big scraps later.
2. Trace the letters on the triangles in pencil so you have a guide to glue the hearts on.
3. Hot glue the conversation hearts over the letters. I put a dot of glue on each heart and placed them individually.
5. Lay out your twine next to the banner so you can make sure you have enough. Remember to leave enough to tie the end and hang it. Then, hot glue the triangles and hearts to the twine. I put the twine in front on the top of the triangles and in back of the hearts.
6. Embellish with ribbon if desired. I tied a knot of ribbon between each item.
7. I hung mind by tying each end to a nail. I made a little bow around the nail to make it cuter.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.