I am praying for a good Autumn this year. When it's crisp at night and you get to pull out your sweaters for the first time. The visit to the pumpkin patch and drives up the canyon to see all the beautiful leaves. The smell of the leaves and pumpkin spice. Oh, how I love fall!
With the economy as it is and trying to be a wise consumer I have really been concentrating on using what I have and bargain shopping to feed my seasonal decor addiction. Here are my most recent displays I call an ode to fall.
scrap of ribbon I had saved from the lunch box at the Moms Who Make It conference a couple months ago. I curled it to look like pumpkin vines. The flowers were left over from the YW flip flop activity. I added a little raffia under it to give it that haystack feel.
I added more of the left over flowers to this shelf in the living room to bring in fall. Everything else was already there. That is my family motto and crest if you were wondering.
Total cost: $0
Total cost: $0
This bookshelf in the family room got the brunt of my random fall scraps. Click on the pic to get a close up.
- Three bouquets of flowers from the dollar store. I was going to make flower pins and hair accessories. (I also used them for the the YW motherhood relay, which is another post entirely.)
- Two mini pumpkins (from a set of three from Ross for $4)
- Two sunflowers pulled out of a plant arrangement someone gave me when my little guy was a baby, that I killed and tossed a few months ago.
- Three random candles I had sitting around
- A fabric pumpkin from Ross ($3) that says "Give Thanks." Put it up backwards until Halloween is over, then turn it around for Thanksgiving.
- A pathetic plant with one long vine string, revived from my hubs old apartment. It usually sits on the kitchen table all wound around itself to make it resemble some sort of plant.
- Eternal Family sign I made at a Relief Society Enrichment activity when I first moved in 4 years ago. (We have not had a super Saturday in FOREVER. Seriously, like 2 years. Who do I talk to about that anyway? ;) )
- Digital pic frame that is always there
There you are, $15 spent for my little touch of fall. What do you have sitting around that you can use?
P.S. Don't forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.