- Knit fabric (very important-it must stretch!)
- Elastic-both 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch wide
- Sewing supplies-thread, scissors, your machine
- Optional: Rosettes (or supplies to make them)
- Martha Stewart Decoupage Fabric Die-Cuts
- Martha Stewart Decoupage Durable Oilcloth Finish
- Martha Stewart Decoupage Brush
- Martha Stewart Fabric Stiffener
- Martha Stewart Decoupage Durable Matte Finish
- #10 Size Can
- Wax Paper
- Photo Book
I love that the flower sash is so simple, but makes a big statement. It is perfect to take a dress up a notch or even throw on with casual clothes for a little extra something. Versatility at its finest!
It’s so fast to pull together. Here’s the how-to:
Bling It On Flower Sash
- Satin Sash or Wide Ribbon
- Large Silk Flower
- Martha Stewart Hematite Rhinestones
- Martha Stewart Jewelry Glue
- Hair Clips
1. Take the flower off the long stem and remove any large plastic embellishments in the center leaving the little plastic part that holds the flower together.
2. Glue the rhinestones in place. I used 7 rhinestones in something of a circular flower pattern. Let the glue dry overnight.
3. I wanted my flower to be removable so I could make more and swap them out so I attached the flower to the sash with two hair clips.
It’s such a simple way to dress up any kind of outfit! I can wait to put some more flowers together and make some matching accessories with the rest of my box!