Post sponsored by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends.
With Mother’s Day fast approaching it is always nice to have a fast and easy gift idea up your sleeve for family and friends. This is such a special holiday and can sometimes be hard to think of a gift that shows your favorite moms how special they are. I was recently able to spend some special time with an aunt of mine and she sparked an idea for the perfect gift!
As a seasoned mother of five girls, she was giving me some advice on how to stay sane as a mother of little ones. She said when she had young girls and would find herself overwhelmed she would go in her room, shut the door and indulge in a piece of chocolate. She would take a breath and clear her mind as the chocolate melted and once it was gone, time was up and she would continue on with her crazy day. Taking this little break for herself helped renew her spirits and we all know a little chocolate can go a long way to change the direction of your day.
I thought this would be the perfect idea/advice to share with special moms in my life and putting them in a painted jar would be the perfect way to hide them in plain site on a night stand or dresser. My boys would never touch such a dainty looking piece of decor and little would they know it was a treasure trove of treats.
- Mason Jar
- Milk Paint from Sweet Pickins
- Ribbon Scrap
- Patterned Paper
- Lace Flower
- DOVE® Silky Smooth Sea Salt Dark Chocolate
- DOVE® Silky Smooth Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl
1. Mix up the milk paint according to package directions. Paint the jar with two or more coats until it is covered with desired amount letting it dry between coats. For a distressed look like the pic above, rough up with words and some areas with sand paper.
2. Cut a piece of patterned paper the size of the lid and tape or glue on the lid below the ring. Cut a piece of ribbon to go around the lid and hot glue in place.
3. Attach the flower with hot glue. Mine was a hair clip from Hobby Lobby, so they could even detach it and wear as an accessory if they like.
4. Fill the jar with chocolate. I did one bag of the DOVE® Silky Smooth Sea Salt Dark Chocolate and one bag of DOVE® Silky Smooth Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl (which by the way are my new favorites, no lie).
I love that the DOVE® PROMISES® have little sayings inside each wrapper as well. Is this one not perfect for a little mommy time out?
I can’t wait to gift some of these cute jars to the special moms in my life to let them know I know they deserve a break every now and then. And, I mean really, who doesn’t love chocolate?
If you love DOVE® chocolate like I do, you can follow along on their Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest updates!
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends.
We have decided to truncate our feed to help protect against stolen content. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please love us anyway. 🙂