You know that saying, "everything, but the kitchen sink" well I'm changing that to everything about the kitchen sink. You spend so much time prepping, washing, and filling using it, so why now take a few minutes to make it the sink area you really want? In just over an hour, we transformed our Kitchen sink area into a utility mecca and I could not be more pleased with the changes!
Ok, so the before and after in the photo is kind of like one of those "spot the differences" games, but the difference in real life rock my socks so I made this little video so I could "show and tell" my makeover and you could see all my favorite changes in detail.
If you're not much of a video person, here's what we did...
- Upgraded to Delta Touch2O Cassidy Faucet -
- Turns on and off with a touch anywhere on it, even with your arm, giving cross contamination a run for its money.
- Reaches further out in the sink so my 5 year old no longer needs a stool to wash his hands!!
- Pull the nozzle out to rinse the sink or fill a pot on the counter and it has a magnet feature to help it stay put when attached. Our old nozzle would start to slip down, so we can appreciate this.
- High quality finish. The finish on our old faucet began to peel, not cool.
- I had my plumber friend install it as it is a bit more complicated than your standard faucet, but like it says in the title, it took only about an hour.
- Powered by batteries which I thought was odd at first, but quickly realized was nice when we had the power off to install the outlets. I want water when the power is out, don't you? :)
- Replaced sink caddy - the old one was grody mcgrodes. It is the perfect holder for the veggie brush and sponge so they drain in to the sink, not on the counter.
- Added Utility Drain Guard (visible in video) - keeps silverware and small items from falling in to the garbage disposal. Also has a silicone scraper on the end to help clean pans.
- Added soap and scrubby tray - gives things a home. Covered the soap dispensers with shelf paper to give them a uniform look in a fun pattern.
- Changed outlet covers and light switch - Almond to white is always a nice clean update.
Delta Touch2O Technology for your kitchen and bathroom is precisely in tune with your every touch. Take the quiz to learn which faucet style best describes you at deltafaucet.com
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Delta via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Delta.