Prepping for baby:
- Keep a diaper handy in case your water breaks at home or while you are out. Once it starts it doesn't stop, it's like one continuous trickle. I kid you not, this happened to me with both kids and on my second I borrowed one of my sons diapers. It kept me and my car perfectly dry. Way better than walking in dripping wet wrapped in a towel!!
- You don't need everything they put on all those prepping for baby lists. Just get what seems right to you. I never really used my C shaped pillow and baby robes, but needed way more burp clothes (the ones made from cloth diapers are the best!!). Every baby and family is different.
- Take your own blanket and pillow. It might seem over the top, but you'll be glad you did especially if you end up staying multiple days.
- If you end up staying multiple nights request a room away from the ice maker, nurse station, etc so you can rest quietly.
- You are not a bad mother if you send the baby to the nursery for a while so you can rest. You can not care for your little one if you are a zombie.
- Everyone will have advice. Take what works for you and leave what doesn't. You don't have to mother exactly how your mother or mother-in-law or friend does.
- Let people help you. It will be a blessing to them and to you.
- Sleep when you can. Nap when they nap. You might be tempted to get things done, but just like a car, your body can't run on empty.
- Asking people wash their hands before holding your newborn is fine.
- If all you accomplish in a day is having a shower, bravo! Just enjoy the time with your tiny one. It does not last long.
Share your tips below and the first 350 to reply will receive Comforts For Baby coupons for products like baby formula and diapers.
Check out Comforts For Baby’s Pinterest page for more tips for moms like you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Comforts For Baby. The opinions and text are all mine.