This was a super fast and easy project. I used my 1/4 inch stamp set (got mine at Harbor Freight for like $10) and stamped in the letters using a hammer.
I got the rest of the supplies (keychain, jump rings, silver ring base) at Hobby Lobby for $5.
Lucky Penny Keychain:
1. Punch a hole in the top of the penny with the pointed stamping tool or a nail or screw.
2. Attach the penny to the keychain with a jump ring.
Totally complicated right. ;)
Lucky Penny Ring:
1. Glue the penny to the ring base (one of those ones with the big circle on it for stability) using glue meant for metal.
I know, really difficult tutorial.
You can use old or new pennies depending on the coloring you like. I love the idea of using a penny from the recipients birth year.
On the new penny I rubbed a little Martha Stewart Satin Chestnut Brown paint in to the letters to make them stand out more.
I think I may make these for my church youth group as well. We gave them charm bracelets that we give them charms for every now and again and I think these would be perfect!
Now it's time to link up your $5 projects!
- Only link to your own projects that cost you $5 or less (price does not have to include items you had on hand)
- You can link past projects that fit the dollar limit, but please only link each project one time to one DIY Under $5 party. Do not link the same project week after week.
- No linking giveaways or items for sale
- Please link back so others can join the party and so you have the opportunity to be featured on Saturday!
Strut Your Stuff
Show Off Your Stuff
Look What I Made
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Also, just a little FYI...the winner of the Pick Your Plum Giveaway is...
P.S. Don't forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.