Welcome, welcome to another month of Point of View where we each show you our takes on a particular theme. This month’s theme is SPRING. Take a look at the fun projects we have lined up for you!
Now for a little tutorial on how to make a
Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree Display
One of my sons favorite songs is “Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.” The beginning lyrics go a little something like this…
I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring had brought me such a nice surprise.
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.
We are lucky enough to have an apricot tree right in our backyard so we get to see that beautiful “popcorn” each year.
I love that tree when it blossoms (so much more than when it covers my lawn in yuck a the end of the year), but this year it blossomed and literally the next day, SNOW! Dang that snow stealing my lovely tree.
So I decided to make my own and these blossoms will never be killed by snow!
- lilac bunch (Dollar Tree)
- hot glue
- letter stickers (Dollar Tree)
- large glue dots
1. Trim a branch from a tree. I love that mine had some remnants of the actual blossoms.
2. Make sure it is the right size for your window and trim as necessary.
(I asked where to get a window on Facebook and Stacy had some from when they replaced hers and was kind enough to give it to me! Isn’t it divine?! I love that it has the metal fixtures and is all chippy.)
5. Pin your branch between the window and the wall by leaning the window against the wall and securing the top with large glue dots.
6. Add your letter stickers to say “I looked out the window and what did I see.” I liked the stickers because they are gray and somewhat transparent and look nice and subtle on the glass. You could also use vinyl.
Now link up so we can see your Point of View on SPRING!
- Link up your own current or past projects as long as they fit the theme: SPRING
- Link back so others can join the party and so you can have the chance to be featured by one of the six Point of View girls!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.