For the new year, I want to start eating better. As a nursing mom, I need a fast healthy lunch to keep me going through the afternoon and into the witching hours before dinner where everything always seems to get crazy. I made up this little sandwich that is not only easy and fast, but economical when you buy it right.
- Thomas’ Bagel Thins
- Foster Farms Turkey and Turkey Pastrami
- The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss
- Popeye Spinach
- Mustard (optional)
- Tomatoes (optional)
Here’s the trick. I bought my cheese and bagel thins at Costco. The cheese was $8 for a 4 pack. It was $4 for one at the grocery store. The bagel thins were $6 for 3 packs. I got a wheat, a plain and an everything because I wanted to try them all. Look for the store brand of spinach. it will be way cheaper. Mine is from Smith’s (Kroger) and who doesn’t love a little Popeye with their spinach?!
Spread both sides of bagel with cheese. I used 1 1/2 triangles. Add one piece of turkey and one piece of turkey pastrami. Top with spinach.
Pair it with the slices if one small apple and voila, fast healthy lunch that is yummy too!
One delicious sandwich + one apple snitch=
- Bagel thins have less calories and fat than two slices of wheat bread
- Turkey Pastrami has less fat and more protein than regular turkey
- Laughing cow cheese replaces mayo and cheese saving you 180 calories and 16 grams of fat!! (2 Tbs mayo and 1 sq inch of cheddar)
- Spinach is loaded with Vitamin A
Add in a little piece of chocolate for good measure. If I were really healthy it would be some dark chocolate with almonds. 😉
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.