I wanted to get all of our keys out of a jumbled pile, but could not find a cute key hanger I liked so I decided to make my own. I like the sheet music and Typewriter trends out there right now, so I decided I would incorporate all 3 types of keys: music keys, typewriter keys, and car keys.
And of course being the kind and generous person that I am, I made you a tutorial because good things are meant to be shared right?!
- 9×12 wood board (Wal-Mart)
- Black & Brown Craft Paint
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Sand Paper
- A few old sheets of music (D.I.)
- 8-1″ hooks
- 8-1 1/4 inch Washers
- 4-1 3/4 inch Washers
- Oil rubbed bronze spray paint
- E-6000 or other industrial glue
- Little letter stickers (Robert’s)
- Cream and black card stock
- Free Typewriter font
- Picture hangers (Robert’s)
How to Make a Key Hanger:
6. Add tiny letter stickers to those spots you want labeled. I name our cars Tuck (Hyundai Tuscon) and Tepid (97 Dodge Intrepid that someone needs to haul out of our driveway). I left the top shorter hanging area spots unlabeled for random church keys, relatives house keys, etc.
7. Screw the tiny hooks in with your sheer strength and bare hands.
9. Glue the letters to the big washers. Then, glue the big washers to the label area on top of the board.
Now I can grab my keys off the hanger as I head out to the garage and not have to sift through a pile on a shelf. Yay!
Made By You Monday
Just Whipped Something Up
Making the World Cuter
It’s So Very Creative