Now that St. Patty’s is past I was in the mood to get a little Easter Craft on. I had seen some burlap pillows around the blogoshpere and thought it would be fun to make a burlap Easter egg pillow. But, alas, I have no sewing machine thus, the No Sew Burlap Easter Egg Pillow was born or laid. ha ha ha.
1. I cut out a pattern for the size of egg I wanted. Then I traced this on to the burlap and cut out the two sides.
2. I laid out the ribbon and sequins to see what pattern I liked and cut with about an inch extra on either end.
3. I snipped the burlap strings where I wanted the ribbon to be woven in and pulled the strings out toward the center to prevent the edges from fraying.
4. I wove the ribbon in going over 10 strings and under. I alternated the pattern so the over on one ribbon area would be the under on the next.
5. I hot glued the sequin strings in place.
6. I wrapped the extra length of ribbon around the back and glued it.
7. I hot glued the edges of the two sides of the egg a bit at a time. Once about halfway glued, I began stuffing the pillow with plastic grocery bags (idea here). I alternated stuffing and gluing until the pillow was full.
Show and Tell with Blue Cricket Design
Look What I Made at Creations by Kara
Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family
Whatever Goes Wednesday on Someday Crafts
Strut Your Stuff on Somewhat Simple
Show Off Your Stuff on Fireflies and Jellybeans
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.