I am a little embarrassed to show this next picture, but we are all friends, right? This blog is to help those like me and how can I help if I am not completely honest with the mess that I am starting with? Besides, if we all pretend to be perfect we all just make each other feel worse for not being so. So, here we go...
Scary, I know. Why do you think it got moved to priority ONE! Everyone has a different changing table set up. I am lucky enough to have this awesome hand me down dresser with this huge compartment to the side to store everything. Problem is, huge compartment sometimes equals huge mess. So here is what I did.
1. Take everything out.
2. Remove stuff I don't need in there. (I had rings to the curtain bar, vapor bath, milk storage bags, etc that I either don't use anymore or can be stored elsewhere.) Be honest with yourself and purge what does not belong.
3. I had lots of random stuff (travel size soap, teething remedies, thermometers) that I only use on occasion. I corralled these in to extra wipes containers I had lying around.
4. I love those scented diaper disposal bags (get 100 for $1 at Dollar tree), but they can sure make a mess when they sneak out of the box. I put them in a travel wipes container for easy dispensing (only to find they have a piece on the back you rip out to do something similar, duh.)
5. Then put everything back in with the things used the most on the top and in the front. (I even ran the binkies through the dishwasher and put them in their containers since we are using them only for sleeping time now. I have 3 more on top of the dresser for easy access. )
6. I refilled the diaper crate (Walmart $2 or so). It fits 2 rows of size 3 or smaller perfectly.
Ta Da! Now I think I will sit and enjoy some Cadbury mini eggs while the little guy naps.
Do you have a mess like this? I would love to share your attack story for Feature Friday! Use the contact us bar on the side or email me at email@example.com