With the new year comes a renewed motivation to live a healthier life. There are tons of ways to do this, but here are five small ways I am living a healthier life this year.
5 Tips for a Healthier Lifestyle
1. Every morning before you get in the shower, tighten and hold your ab muscles for 60 seconds. Continue throughout the day, holding for 30-60 seconds whenever you think of it. This came from my sis-in-law’s nutritionist and it has made a huge difference for me.
2. Use smaller dishes so your portions seem larger. The eye is the first to feast so make your plate look really full by using a salad/lunch plate for dinner or a small bowl with a baby spoon for ice cream. Eating with a tiny spoon makes it last longer.
3. Pre-portion snacks in 100 or 150 calorie bags. I know I could not live without certain sweets and snacks in my life, but I eat them in moderation by pulling out only a certain amount. (DYK you can have 18 Quaker Popped Cheddar Rice Snacks for only 140 calories?!)
4. Keep water easily accessible. I keep a large insulated mug with a straw on my kitchen counter. I drink more with it ready and waiting and it’s proven that you drink more with a straw.
5. Keep healthy snacks in plain site. We have a fruit stand right on the counter so great choices full of vitamins are always right before our eyes. The candy bowl on the other hand is on the top shelf in the pantry making it harder to get to.
Quaker® Quakes® are now Quaker® PoppedTM – a new name for the snack made with the delicious goodness of whole grain brown rice and corn and a great snacking solution.
What small steps are you taking toward a healthier lifestyle?
Reply below for your chance to win a sample of all 14 flavors of Quaker Popped Rice Snacks and $1,000 gift card to help you achieve your New Year’s resolutions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker. I received product in conjunction with this post. The opinions and text are all mine. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. See Official Sweepstakes Rules