Are they not adorable? Did you spot the blogger bear? :)
Magnetic Paper Dolls
- Spray Paint
- Cricut Mini
- Teddy Bear Parade or Snow Friends cartridge
- Cricut Vinyl
- Cricut Magnet Material
- Deep Cut Blade
2. Now cut your base image out of vinyl and place it slightly below center on the tin.
- Panda Bear - In the free Cricut Craft Room software, drag Teddy Bear Parade Cartridge image TddyBear on to the mat. Click "hide contour" and click all of the lines, except the eyes, within the bear outline. Add an oval for the nose. Cut in white vinyl. Then cut just the bear outline hiding the eyes and nose in black vinyl. Trim the arms, legs and ears from the white bear and layer it on top of the black.
- Snowman - In the free Cricut Craft Room software, drag Snow Friends Cartridge image Snowman1 on to the mat. Click "hide contour" and click all of the lines within the snowman outline so it will just cut a blank snowman body outline. There are multiple faces to choose from. I added some coal eyes and a carrot nose in vinyl. I added it after the pics, but you can see it in the news clip.
3. Use the coordinating outfits on each cartridge to create outfits for your "paper dolls." Just keep the default height (at the bottom of the craft room screen by the image selection window) the same as the dolls for all the clothes and they will fit just right.
I loved including papers with different patterns and textures like sparkle and denim (DYK the cricut cuts fabric?). We even made a cute Santa outfit that I didn't get a picture of, but it is in the news segment.
4. Make them magnetic paper dolls by cutting the most basic layer of each outfit image in the magnet material. I used the deep cut blade with Speed 3, Pressure 5, Depth 6, and 4 cuts which worked beautifully. Then, just peel off the white vinyl backing and use the existing adhesive to stick the clothes to the magnet pieces.
5. Store all the pieces inside the tin for a fun gift or great quiet activity for the kiddos in the car or at church. These two tins are under my tree for two lucky little ones.
What outfit was your favorite?
If you could choose anything, what outfits would you make for paper dolls?