Anyone who follows me on twitter is well aware that I was able to attend the Evo conference a couple of weeks ago. It was a great opportunity that for me was all about connecting. (And I missed connecting many of you with my camera so please forgive me!)
1. Connecting with fellow bloggers...
Left to right, top to bottom: Lolly Jane Twins, Jen from Craft-O-maniac, Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous, Laurie from Tip Junkie, Sachiko & The Dating Divas, Sachiko from Tea Rose Home
EVO was in Park City, Utah which is just over the mountain from me, but I was
lucky enough to stay with 15 fantastic ladies in two amazing condos.
Kristyn from lil'luna, Landee from landee see landee do, Jodie from eighteen25, Shauna from orange blossom, Mandi from vintage revivals, Brooke from all things thrifty & Courtney from orange blossom
Jen from eighteen25 and Kristen from kristen duke photography (missing: Linda, Jamielyn, & Nikki)
Our condos from Links Luxury Rentals were seriously fab-u-lous! Here's a little peek...
images courtesy of the eighteen25 girls since my phone pics could not do it justice.
We had lots of late nights (or should I say early mornings) laughing, crying, or laughing until we cried. There were cupcakes and cookies and of course chocolate involved. Really it was just great to spend time with other bloggers, hear their stories and enjoy being around those who understand editing pictures until wee morning hours.
2. Connecting with sponsors...
It was great to see big national brands like Disneyland, McDonald's and Lowe's and also local companies like Provo Craft there to connect with bloggers. Lowe's hosted a hands on workshop involving a blogger challenge. We were given a bucket of random supplies and 1.5 hours to create something great. It was like the best version of Craft Wars ever!
My team (Linda, Kristyn, Kelli, Kirsten) created a campsite complete with sleeping bag, smores, fishing equipment, Barbie tent, bench and more! And for the icing on the cake, Lowe's put it to voting on their facebook page and we won! Thanks to all who voted for us! See all the fun projects here.
3. Connecting with valuable information...
- The SEO class with Dennis from The Next Corner seriously blew my mind. He is like an unending wealth of knowlege. I've learned I may have to become friends with Google Plus.
- I loved how Allison from No Time for Flash Cards stressed that "Bloggers are your community, not your competition." It's true. There is enough traffic for everyone and we are here to support each other!
- I had an epiphany about my negotiating skills in the class with Kevin from Webgrrls. He had so many great pointers to offer. Like "don't fear the silence" and "the first rule of negotiating is to ask."
All in all it was refreshing to be among such talented women and find support in our common goals.
Top:Kristen, Brooke & Kirsten, Me
Bottom: My housemates Kristen, Kristyn, Jamielyn, Nikki (to whom I will be forever grateful for letting me use her curling iron), Linda