When I was in college my mom always brought me a Care Package for finals week. It was filled with snacks and things to relieve some of the crazy all night studying stress. I was so thankful to receive these packages and they really did help me know I was loved and thought about.
Well, recently my mom had a minor stroke. Luckily, she has next to none of the possibly terrible side effects, but is really tired and has been ordered to basically do nothing for a few weeks. This is hard enough for anyone, but my mom is a busy body and a clean freak too. Having a house in disarray would likely drive her completely batty.
I was not able to go up to visit right away because the stress of having crazy two year old son running around during her recovery was sure to send her straight back to the ER. So I had to wait until the weekend, but wanted to send my love right away. I knew a get well care package would be just the thing.
Here are the items and messages I came up with:
- Corner book mark (idea from Little Birdie Secrets): Headache have you “cornered?” Slip this little marker on the corner of your page and she’ll hold your place for ya!
- Chicken noodle jar soup (put in a bag instead for mailing): just had instructions
- Lindor hazlenut candy bar: I know all this rest is driving you “nuts” but be good to yourself and you’ll feel better soon!
- Cozy slipper socks: “Sock” it to this chilly weather! Slip these on and feel warm and cozy in no time.
- Good & Plenty: Be “good” and get “plenty” of rest.
- Card: Keep Going! You can “not” do it! (You know encouragement for those who are supposed to do nothing)
Link up below with your ideas on how to Show a Little Love! I would love to see what you have been up to! Be sure to use the direct link and link back to this post. Feel free to use the button on the right sidebar!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.