YW Birthday/Christmas Gift Ideas

Grandma (one of our readers, sorry I don’t know your real name.) wanted to know some ideas for birthday gifts for the Young Women for next year. Here are a few of the gifts we have done while I have been in the Presidency.

Last year for Christmas we gave them a little standing flip book with a thought for each week of the year.

Beaded bookmarks with “Be an Example” theme charm to encourage them to read their scriptures 5 minutes a day. You could do them with next year’s theme.

We recently had Elaine S. Dalton, General Young Women President, come speak at a fireside and we had encouraged all the girls to have the new Virtue value in their Personal Progress done. To celebrate those who did, and encourage those others to keep working we gave them a gold virtue charm to add to their bookmarks.

For Christmas this year, we are giving them the word “Courage” in vinyl lettering to put on their mirrors and remind them of this years theme.

For birthdays next year, we are giving fun colorful socks with a thought about walking in the footsteps of Christ. (edit: see the saying and actual socks we used here)

I hope these ideas help! Also, please feel free to share ideas you have in the comments!

Photos from:

P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.

We have decided to truncate our feed to help protect against stolen content. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please love us anyway. :)

Comments

1. says

We did the socks this year and they were a hit! I love the vinyl idea! Last year for Christmas we gave the girls a nice picture of the Savior in a frame. And one year we did pillowcases for the girls, and on each we had ironed on the theme for the year. The girls really liked that also.

2. says

We did the socks this year, too, and yes, they were a big hit. Next year we’re doing a New Era Poster rolled up with a rubber bracelet that says “Be strong and of a good courage” on it from mormonshare.com.
    For the flip book, did you find it or put it together yourself?

3. says

Colette-
    We put the books together. A member of our presidency’s husband does printing at work so we were able to print them cheap and then we just had them bound.

4. says

Imagine my surprise when I saw your post if answer to my question!!! You rock. Thank you so much for the ideas. It is fun to read what others are doing!

5. says

LOVE your ideas. We are doing socks for our girls for Christmas and attaching a tag that says, “Each time you put on your socks, remember to STAND FOR TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS and follow in the footsteps of the Savior.”

I’d love to get a copy of the quotes you used in your quote book. Could you e-mail or post them? troypamela@q.com

6. says

Hello, I am new in my ward’s presidency and have found your ideas very useful! I am also interested in obtaining the quotes you used for the standing flip book. I promise if I ever come up with anything creative (small chance, but I’m working at it), I will share to return the favor :) Thank you! Email: stacy.noel@gmail.com

7. says

There are tons of comments asking for the quotes. I am not ignoring you, I swear. I emailed the leader that was in charge of the books to see where she got the quotes and if I can share them. I will let you know as soon as she gets back to me.