Ok, I am kind of embarrassingly proud of this little project so please be kind. I give you the guitar patch. I guess technically it’s guitar and amp patches.
We LOVE hand me downs at my house! We have an awesome friend, Whitney (Hi Whit!), who has two boys and gives us (my sis and I) all of their clothes. My nephew is bigger than Aiden so he gets things first. Usually the clothes are in great shape, but once in a while we get something that, well, has been through 3 boys. 😉 Like the knee of these poor jeans.
Now normally I might just let it go, but these fit him so nicely. It is hard to find jeans for a string bean. Long and skinny that one. So I decided to get to work and make them work. Enter the iron on patch. I think my mom and sis honestly thought I did not know they are meant to go on the inside, but I had plans in my wee little brain.
Plans that got me excited when I was searching google and found this. The Pièce de résistance! It is exactly what I wanted.
Guitar Patch Tutorial
- iron on patches
- embroidery floss
- patience (I don’t usually do projects that span over 3 nights, though it most likely won’t take you that long. I have backstitched one time previously in my life)
1. Holding your patch over the “pattern” aka printed out drawing, hold it up to the light and trace the outline of the guitar and the amp. Be sure to make them big enough to cover the hole.
2. Cut out the shapes and lay them in place. I put a patch on the back side of the leg with the big hole for extra durability.
4. Sketch the rest of the design out on the guitar patch. (I suppose you could trace it all at the beginning, but you would have to do it pretty dark to last through the ironing etc)
5. Now just backstitch over the pencil marks. It is a pain to get through the patches, so use a thimble. Trust me, I didn’t. Here is a great backstitiching tutorial if you need it.
Now it’s time to link up!
- Only link to your own projects that cost you $5 or less (price does not have to include items you had on hand)
- You can link past projects that fit the dollar limit
- Please link back so others can join the party
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.