November is here and soon it will be time for Thanksgiving! A holiday all about family, food, and giving thanks? I'm there! It's fun to have a beautiful table and even better to have one that does not break the bank. Here's a pretty place setting using simple items like paper, ribbon and stickers to take your Thanksgiving table up a notch.
Supplies to create place setting:
- 12x12 patterned paper*
- Plate & Bowl
- Orange Fabric Napkin
- Brown Satin Ribbon
- Gold Leaf Stickers*
- Glittered Goblets
- Brown Cardstock
- Rounded Leaf Circle Edge Punch*
- Circle Edge Punch Starter Set*
- Gold Acorns (Plastic ones from Target dollar spot painted with brass liquid guilding*)
- Orange Cardstock
- Gold Edged Labels*
- Glitter Markers*
*Martha Stewart Crafts Products
1. Place a 12x12 paper at each place. Top with plate and bowl and place silverware on the sides. Put brown ribbon around orange napkin and embellish with a gold leaf sticker. Place napkin on top of bowl.
2. Make the place card by cutting a rectangle out of brown cardstock. Fold it in half to make it stand up. Cut a strip of orange cardstock to make a stripe. Write names on gold labels with orange glitter marker. Place the label on the orange stripe. Surround with gold acorns made by painting plastic acorns with gold liquid guilding.
3. Make the paper coaster by punching brown cardstock with the rounded leaf circle edge punch on the 6 inch setting. Place the glittered glass on the coaster and surround with more gold acorns.
A little extra effort can go a long way for your Thanksgiving table! And the best part is that much of it can be thrown away after dinner. No washing stains out of placemats!
Disclosure: Martha Stewart Crafts provided product for this post.