A Disney trip is definitely something to look forward to so we created a fun countdown to turn up the excitement, but also help prepare us for the trip. I saw this fun Disney countdown and put my own spin on it.
- Color a Disney picture
- Which 3 characters do you most want to meet?
- Make Disney characters out of playdough
- Play Disney scene it
- Choose a light up toy for parades & fireworks
- Sing your favorite Disney song
- Write a letter to your favorite Disney character
- Play Disney games on the computer
- Dress like pirates and dance to yo ho a pirate’s life for me & the jake & the neverland pirates theme song
- Make mickey oreos
- Find the hidden mickeys around the house (cut them out with my cricut and hung them around the basement)
- Make a Disney water bottle
- Watch Disney videos on you tube
- Play Disneyland or rush on xbox Kinect
- Make tags for the stroller and luggage
- Name the 3 rides you are most looking forward to.
- Make mickey mousse.
- Have a Disney Pajama party and watch a Disney movie.
- What should we do if we get lost? Make tattoos with phone number.
- Make mickey pancakes
Mickey Mousse We used Oreo pudding and added the chocolate mickey on top.
Mickey Oreos We used Nerds for buttons.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.
Emily S. says
Thanks for the amazing idea. I just made one tonight. Can’t wait til my kids see it tomorrow morning!
How did you make the mouse head and ears?
Michelle Barneck says
@photonovice2010 Here is a tutorial on how to make the paper medallions. http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/how-to-make-paper-medallions
I am copying your countdown calendar now as it is 50 days until our USA and Disneyland holiday! Could I ask how you attached the ears to your black loops?
Michelle Barneck says
@Rachael The ears are cut out of paper as a circle with a little tab on the bottom. We just folded the tab 90 degrees and glued it to the loops to make them stand up.
I made this last night, one for my son, and one for my daughter! They’re going to hang like a banner in their room until we get down to 20 days. (We’re at about T minus 30 right now — they’re already excited!) Also, the original blog on getawaytoday.com updated theirs to have a Minnie version as well. http://www.getawaytoday.com/blogs/2013/11/19/Disneyland-Vacation-Countdown-Chain-Tutorial
Thank you for posting this super cute idea! My kids love it, and I think my sister in law is super jealous of them. 😀