Of course you need some great superhero squad training activities and we had no shortage. Planning and having everything prepared ahead is key to keeping things rolling smoothly. We had 10 different superhero training camp activities! Each one corresponded with a power from a favorite super hero.
1. Decorate your cape and mask.
- We used a Walmart cape and mask set (about $5). They come in black, blue, red and green. Target has a cape with a wrap around front with muscles (about $5).
- Decorate with foam letters. I had each child’s name ready to go, organized in an ice tray to make things fast and easy. All they had to do was peel and stick. No searching for letters or fighting over colors.
2. Web Shooting
- Spraying silly string on villains from coloring books hung on a plastic tablecloth to protect walls and floor. We hung ours on the sliding glass door, hidden behind the vertical blinds until we were ready to play.
3. Flight Training
- Playing Space Pop where you levitate to pop bubbles. A game from Kinect Adventures on the Xbox 360.
4. Bat Cave
- Crawling in to the cave to get a glowing power bracelet.
- Cover table and chairs with black plastic table cloths and hang strips of streamers from the ceiling (aka bottom of table). Tape glow stick bracelets between the streamers.
5. X-ray Vision
- Peek behind the brick wall and try to remember all the items behind it.
- Brick Wall Backdrop-purchased on Amazon
6. Super Strength
7. Shield Throwing
- Throwing a frisbee to explode a tower of cups.
- Transform a dollar store frisbee in to a shield with vinyl or glued card stock.
8. Final Exam
- Lifting a “barbell” to test their superpowers.
- Use quick dry craft glue and spray paint to transform two dollar store balls and a rain stick into a barbell. You can also use a dowel and two styrofoam balls, but they are pricey for my taste.
9. Receive superhero name and official training certificate.
- Certificate designed using one of Microsoft’s free certificate templates.
The kids had a blast with all these superhero squad training camp activities!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.
We have decided to truncate our feed to help protect against stolen content. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please love us anyway. 🙂