It is just taking up space in your cupboard and all the info you need is online anyway, so pull that dusty phone book off the shelf and make use of it! You’ve seen the book page wreath, but have you seen the gray and yellow loveliness of the phone book wreath?!
Phone Book Wreath Tutorial
- Phone book
- Yellow Marker
- Wreath form (mine was covered in burlap from another project)
- Hot glue
- Door hook (optional)
Total cost for me: $1 for door hook
Total cost if you buy everything: $4
1. Find a phone book with gray pages and a few yellow highlights. (Ours was just dropped off a few days ago. I had been waiting and waiting for the right one!) Color the edge of the gray pages with a yellow marker.
2. Start rolling the pages by ripping out a page, folding it in half and then rolling it in to two circles by rolling the ends opposite ways into the middle forming sort of an S.
Did you catch the glimpse of my massacred laptop in the background? Yep, she has been disassembled and will soon be selling in parts. Poor Bubbles, she was good to me for a while there.
6. For the last row, do the roll as usual, but do not bend the end. Glue the bottom of the tube shut and glue them on to the middle of the wreath form like in the video.
I love how my phone book wreath turned out!! All fluffy and made from recyclables.
Now it’s time to link up!
- Only link to your own projects that cost you $5 or less (price does not have to include items you had on hand)
- You can link past projects that fit the dollar limit
- Please link back so others can join the party and so you have the opportunity to be featured on Saturday!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.