Searching for a last minute Valentine’s romance ideas for your man? Here are some things I have done for my guy in the past. Some of these may not work as well for those of you who’s guy is not quite as geek prone, but it may spark some ideas for theme dates or fun things you could do. Here goes…
- One year I wrote the hubs a love note in html (Internet programming language). He loves computers and thought it was awesome that I was “speaking his language.” You can just use Microsoft front page and write and edit as if you were in Microsoft word and it will “translate” it for you.
- Another time, I used Star Wars quotes to send him on a hunt for to defeat Darth Tater. I sent some to him at work, hid some in his car etc. Each one had a little romantic memento like candles or massage lotion with it.
Here are some examples of quotes:
- “Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Compassion- which I would define as…Unconditional love—is essential to a Jedi’s life. So, you might say that we are encouraged to love.” –Anakin Skywalker
- “Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel…don’t think. Use your instincts”.-Qui-Gon Jinn
- “Search your feelings you know it to be true.” –Darth Vader
- “Ready are you? What know you of ready?…All his life has he looked away…to the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh” –Yoda
- Last year for our anniversary we stayed at the Anniversary Inn in the Treasure Island Suite. That made this theme date even better, but you can do it at home. I bought a world map and covered it with Xs. Then I gave him a Pirate ship he had to move from X to X. Each X had a different activity card.
Here are some examples:
- Walk the plank ye landlubbers! (relax in a hot tub or bubble bath)
- Avast, yer drippin on the bough. Find yer sea legs and don a proper swagger. Eye, Eye Cap’n. (I had pirate themed jammies for both of us)
- Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. By now ye have worked up quite a hankerin. (I had a bottle of sparkling cider and cheesecake)
- Yo ho, Yo ho a pirate’s wife for me. Look through the magic spyglass for some trainin on how to be a real pirate. (Watch Pirates of the
Caribbeanor another pirate themed movie)
I love creative, fun dates and with the economy as it is right now and with Valentine’s on a Sunday, there is no better time to get creative and have some fun at home. I would love to hear any ideas that you have used big or small for romantic gestures!
Now it’s your turn to link up below with ways to “Show a Little Love.” These can be date or gift ideas, Valentine decor, service projects, just about anything that expresses love for those around you. Here are the rules:
1. Leave the link to the direct link, not your home page.
2. Share the love by linking back to the party with the button below.
Just heard that my new niece Annie has arrived! Congrats Jen and Jud! Love you!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.