The only thing different from the tutorial is the "ruffle" on the camouflage pair. This was ironically born from a mistake of sewing them wrong on my first try. I turned them right side out and said, "dang it" until I looked closer. I loved the little deconstructed ruffle that had resulted. It gave it a little sass and edge. And with her red hair you know that girl is going to have a little sass!
Here they are modeled on my arm. I was thinking sweet Annie would be more like my nephew who is a total chunk so she may have to wear them in the fall, but we'll see how fast she grows.
Now, when I was finished with the little leg warmers there were little scraps from the heels and toes of the socks left. Most people would have just scrapped them, but for some reason I couldn't. I sat and looked at them for a long time and then I came up with these.
Aren't they adorable! I guess I have a thing for the deconstructed as demonstrated by the bow. I took four of the heels/toes, layered them with the pointy part pointed to the middle and then hot glued them together. Then, I wrapped a piece of material around the center and glued it on. The flower is just two circles cut out with the edges singed to curl slightly sewn together with a button.
I am loving my scrappy hair accessories!
P.S. Don't forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.