I want to share a super simple little project to do with the kiddos that was inspired by those radiant fall colors, let’s call it Finger painting fall. I love a good alliteration. I love fall. It is my favorite season! The crisp air, the crunching leaves, the wardrobe change. I love the smells, the sounds, and the colors. Oh, the colors!!!
So here we go…
Supplies needed for you Kid’s fall handprint tree art project:
- 12 x 12 cardstock (mine was a very light grey)
- Craft paints (Red, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Green)
- Foam brush
- Disposable plastic plate
- Hands (we all have a couple of those hanging around)
1. Start by squirting some brown paint on the plate and using the foam brush to paint the non-hairy side your little ones hand and arm brown. Then, place it with the hand spread wide in the middle of the page for form the trunk and the branches of your tree. Wipe arm and hand clean.
2. Choose your next color and squirt it directly over the brown. Mix it a little to give it a somewhat swirly look and paint just the hand this time. Stamp on two to three “leaves” pointing the fingers outward.
3. Repeat with remaining paint colors continuing to squirt and mix the paint and use the hands to stamp. We alternated hands and I wiped them off between each color to minimize the mess.
4. Once the tree has the fullness and coloring you like, dip just a fingertip in the paint to make leaves on the ground beneath the tree.
That’s it!! You’re done!
We loved ours so much that I framed it with a cheap wood frame I got from the craft store and painted black. Now our fall art project is proudly displayed in our kitchen for everyone to see.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free Tipsy updates via RSS or email.
I love the fall hands picture. you blog is really cute.
peace to you and yours,
Sunshine Mama says
Such a great idea! My kids will love doing this!
I Love It!
Thanks for the idea! My daughter and I made one of these today!
Sara Cheever says
Love it!. I am going to steal this idea for this thanksgiving!. The kids would love to do that! Thanks for sharing your ideas! You’re very talented!
What an amazing project! I think I am going to use my fabric paint and do it on canvas fabric that I have left over from another project. Then I will to have a Thanksgiving banner to keep from year to year. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project. Beckie
Thank you for sharing this!! What a fun idea, love it! My 2 1/2 year old and 1 year old will have fun with this. I am your newest follower! I adore your blog and will definitely be back for more!
Fantastic! I love crafts that tiny hands can have just as much fun with as those who are slightly bigger!
Sarah Reynard says
I am a Cub Scout Bear Leader and this project is just a super fall idea for my boys! Thanks for sharing and God Bless!
Thank you! A perfect day to do this with my kiddos!!! LOVE IT! With any luck, our finished product is going in our kitchen too! 🙂